These are our upcoming events. To see the event details head to our Facebook page. Please register in advance by sending us a message letting us know you would like to come.
Dates and locations are subject to change depending on weather.
Greta Point Clean Up 9 Oct 2021
09 October 2021
Greta Point Clean Up
Greta Point, Wellington
Following the initial postponement due to the August / September 2021 Covid 19 Lockdown this Greta Point Clean Up is now back up and running and is set to happen in October 2021!
This will be an ocean and shore based clean up once again targeting rubbish in and around the Wellington foreshore specifically at Greta Point (near Evans Bay).
Scuba divers, free divers and shore crew all needed! Be prepared to get wet and dirty!
DATE: 09 October 2021.
9.00am – Registrations open,
10pm – Briefing
10:30pm – Divers in the water.
2.00pm ish clean-up and pack down.
LOCATION: Greta Point, Wellington – look for the GDNZ signs.
Scuba and Free Divers must provide their own gear and tanks. If you also have your own catch bag(s) or float boat for collecting rubbish, please bring this along and ensure they are named.
If you would like to join in the fun and participate as part of the shore crew, you will need to make sure you are wearing fully covered shoes / boots and bring a pair of gardening gloves……. also be prepared to get down and dirty!
Shore Crew are needed to:
1) Supporting the divers, monitoring positions, and ensuring the safety of the other shore crew members;
2) Picking up rubbish from the shore and surrounding area;
3) Collecting rubbish from the divers and delivering this to the decritter station;
5) Recording rubbish collected;
6) Clean up and pack down;
7) Other tasks as needed.
The fantastic team from the Island Bay Marine Education Centre will also be on site to show you the weird and wonderful creatures we find, and help to educate you more on what we do!
ALL PARTICIPANTS, SHORE CREW AND DIVERS, MUST REGISTER ON ARRIVAL.
• This is a free family friendly event, but children must be supervised at all times by an adult.
• Please ensure that all Covid Health and Safety Precautions are adhered to, (masks etc). You will be required to scan the QR code when arriving on site.
• Closed toe footwear must be worn for safety.
• Please bring your own hand protection (gardening gloves or similar).
• Don’t forget your own water bottle and bring sunscreen if it’s a warm day.
• Dress for the weather (warm clothes and jackets) – we go ahead rain or shine.
• There will also be plenty of work for non-divers to get involved.
If this event is cancelled due to weather, notification will be given on the Facebook page, the day before.
We look forward to seeing you there!